Tom has extensive experience in complex commercial litigation matters and has litigated cases from inception to trial in state and federal court. His experience includes matters involving commercial contracts, construction, real estate, business torts, licenses and leases. He also has substantial experience handling matters in arbitration and before administrative courts. Tom began his legal career at Winston & Strawn LLP and subsequently worked for two commercial litigation boutique firms in New York City, often handling high-profile and high-stakes disputes. Prior to joining the firm, Tom spent over two years as Senior Counsel in the Commercial Litigation and Real Estate Division of the New York City Law Department, where he primarily handled construction disputes on behalf of the City, including several multi-million dollar cases.
Tom received his B.A. from the University of Richmond and his J.D. from St. John's University School of Law, where he was a member of the St. John's Law Review.
Areas Of Practice
- Construction Litigation
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Business Torts
- Real Estate Litigation
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- St. John’s University School of Law, Queens, New York
- J.D. – 2009
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Law Review: Law Review, Staff Member
- University of Richmond, Richmond, Virginia
- B.A. – 2002
- New York City Law Department, Senior Counsel, 2020 to 2022
- Morrison Cohen LLP, Associate/Senior Counsel, 2015 to 2020
- NYC Law Department: Division Chief Award for Oustanding Performance
When financial problems arise, we help business owners determine if bankruptcy is the best option, and if so, which form of bankruptcy is optimal.